Vegetable Pad Thai
- 1/4 lb thick rice noodles
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter (I use Bell Plantations PB2 to save on fat/calories)
- 1 tbsp sweet red chili Asian sauce
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (I use fresh ginger)
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
- 3 oz bean sprouts
- 15-ounce package of frozen stir fry vegetables, cooked according to package directions
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp of warm water, soy sauce, peanut butter, chili sauce, garlic powder, ginger, and hot sauce together until combined. (Sauce will appear thin)
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Using tongs, toss prepared noodles & cooked vegetables with your newly created pad Thai sauce until all noodles are evenly coated.
- Plate and top with bean sprouts, chopped peanuts & a lime wedge if desired.
The Verdict: This was delicious! Considering the ease of preparation and minimal cooking time, I was astounded at how well it turned out. The stir-fry vegetables are a must, I think, as they add more nutrients and volume to the dish. This recipe created two generous portions, very satisfying. I will definitely be making this one again!
It is 4 am here, I'm doing laundry and packing..again. As soon as Chip returns from work we will load up the car and head south. I'll be checking in from down there later, looking forward to catching up with friends & family!
Have a wonderful day!