I don't have exact measurements since I was basically just chopping and tossing, but here's a general idea of what went into the crock:
Slowcooker Italian-Style Vegetable Stew
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or the equivalent of basil, oregano, etc)
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 celery ribbed, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 28-ounces can whole plum tomatoes and their juices, squeezed through fingers to break apart (diced tomatoes would also work)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker, cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours
- Taste, adjust seasonings, remove bay leaves.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread, enjoy!
You could add a bit of small-shaped cooked pasta at the end, or some leftover spinach, kale, etc. if desired.
We're on the road, should be in Cherokee, NC soon!